Homethinking.com

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why Live in North Durham?

Many people ask me why would I want to live in North Durham, when the "big mall" is on the south side of town? Well, that's my reason, exactly. The big mall is NOT here. Now don't get me wrong. I love shopping as much as the next person, but I like the slower pace of life North Durham offers. What IS here that I truly adore are the large yards, lovely azaleas in the Spring, and loads of colorful leaves in the Fall.

There are townhomes, single-family homes, Treyburn Country Club (the best kept secret in the South), rolling hills, farm land, horse farms, and lots of clean air to breathe. We now have our very own drive-thru Starbucks. Our schools aren't overcrowded, and we're a 10-minute drive to the finest minor league baseball team in the whole USA -- the Durham Bulls.

No comments: