Homethinking.com

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Started

My husband always says the hardest thing about getting started is, well, getting started! How true. Whether it's a new diet, exercise routine, career, or Christmas cards. It's all the same -- it's hard to get started.

He dragged me kicking and screaming into real estate 8 years ago, but once I got started, I realized how much I loved it. I should've started much sooner. Real Estate is not my first career. It's not for most people. It's their 2nd or 3rd, perhaps their 4th stab at the working world. For as far back as I can remember, I've always sold something: Girl Scout cookies, Million Dollar chocolate bars, toothbrushes for new band uniforms, Cutco knives, water filters, skin care products. The list goes on and on.

Maybe I get my salesmanship from my father. He, too, was a salesman. Dad worked at JC Penney as a salesman as a young man, then ran the store later in life. Once he retired from Penney's, he sold IRAs, Keoghs, SEPs - all before investing money was popular. He also sold shoes, brooms and fruit cakes (for the Lion's Club), and anything else that came his way. He was the city's version of Mr. Haney from Green Acres.

Getting started on this blog was no easier than starting a new diet or a new career. Now that I've started, I'm on my way. Stay tuned for more neat information on North Durham County, North Carolina.

No comments: